View Single Post
Old 16.01.2009, 08:28 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie View Post
Hi Marc, I appreciate that, but some of the wording in your documentation is still potentially misleading, for example when on your website you say:

Compatible sequencer versions
Please note that other versions/products might work as well but eventually do not support all functionality. We strongly recommend only using certified products.
Macintosh Apple Logic 7.2.3 or higher Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 3.1 or higher Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE or TDM or higher Ableton Live 5.2.2 or higher
Windows
Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 3.1 or higher Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE or TDM or higher Cakewalk Sonar Producer 7 Ableton Live 5.2.2 or higher Image Line FL Studio 5 or higher

... this implies that 'do not support all functionality' could be the case with Cubase versions 'other' than 'SX/SL 3.1 or higher' - in other words with Cubase 4 one should expect all functionality.

Elsewhere in your recent documentation (forget where exactly, I'm too busy trying to get OS3 working properly ) I am sure I have just read 'Access recommends Cubase 4...'.

So perhaps you could think about some more careful wording of statements in documentation to avoid the situation where someone invests in apparently recommended software only to find that a much-asked-for feature (sidechaining) of their lovely new Virus doesn't work...?

Suzzy
Well OS3 just came out like yesterday and is still in beta. Up till then every feature was still supported (and still is in the current full version). I guess they will have to update that information at some point but to say it's "misleading" is silly since no one is going to have been mislead into investing in anything on the basis of something unfinished that came out yesterday. It's not their fault Cubase is so inflexible (still).