View Single Post
Old 30.11.2005, 06:14 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hi merlyn,

I would have to agree, any improvement in navigation from the Virus's front control panel is nice to have.

This is one thing I don't like about C and earlier series Viruses, mainly editing a program from the front panel of the Virus C/B series,is a bit too slow for my taste, and I personally hate scrolling through many menus on a Virutal Analog Synth, it contradicts the whole idea of immediate, and fast programming, tweak and go ! (I miss the Prophet V)

The TI (Total Integration) software should make working with your new TI Polar even more of a joy, rather than hard work, pushing buttons to go from one menu to the other, plus another added advantage of the TI software is that you can take a fast look at the entire gut of a program, to learn how a sound was created, and what is modulating what, filters, envelopes, mod matrix settings, effects, waveforms, ...etc. in a nice visual presentation. (You get the Big Picture, and in color !), Trying to figure out what was programmed on the Virus C and earlier models is a pain.

Thanks for the additional info about the TI.