View Single Post
Old 04.11.2002, 01:02 PM
New here
New here

The MicroKorg is made to create the same sounds as the MS-2000. They both have the exact same synth engine. The MicroKorg is supposed to be a live performance version of the MS-2000 and the MS-2000 is supposed to be more of a studio version. Lemme "break it down":

MicroKorg: Is really small and light. Is cheaper (unless you get a MS2K of Ebay). Is highly portable and has a built in mini-keyboard. Runs on batteries.

MS-2000: Has tons more controls.

So basically if you have a laptop studio and want a small portable keyboard to make tracks with while you are traveling the MicroKorg would be great. Or if you need a synth that runs on batteries the Micro would be cool. But it has a huge parameter matrix and I hate them, plus I don't need a highly portable keyboard cause I have a highly portable Virus C laptop so I'd definitely go MS-2000.
Sadness is a barnacle clinging to your bright boat. You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float. We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas. Come on you Magellan's, come with me I've got Pie; Happiness Pie.