View Single Post
Old 26.11.2012, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, Massive is used a lot for that kind of sound, because it's got some great wave tables which provide some good vocal like sources to work with, like modern talking for example. It's a good idea to modulate the WT position of it, as it allows for some changes in timbre. Then the basic wooble is usually achieved with an LFO modulating the filter cuttof of a LP filter. But Massive allows you to modulate with steps and use some modulation curves, also in steps that sort of gives it the edge. The steps mod thing can be done with the virus ti, using arp as a source for mod, I guess, and the other thing can be done with automation and some patience. You can also go further with this, using frequency shifting, modulating the pitch of it, or distortion amnt, modulation of eq mid-range frequency (with some gain, of course). Or even Using some band pass filters linked together outside the synth and automating them, before adding some distortion to it. Which should come as the last step on your chain if your going for fx plug-ins. It just sounds better. So this are like the basics, the rest of it comes with some experimentation. I'm not really into that sort of thing, even though I got inspired by the vocal sounds and sort of added some into my own stuff eheh. cheers