View Single Post
Old 10.11.2011, 07:13 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I'm using my Virus kB with an Akai MPC 1000 and I am very happy with the combination. The MPC is a superb sequencer, and if i want more processing power, I can sample the output of the virus, and run it back through the Virus FX section again, resample that, and so on. I only do this for the more twisted basslines. I've made a few kick drums and sampled them too, but I mostly load up drum samples into the MPC. The workflow is quick and easy and I don't miss having a PC at all.

I tried working with a Command Station too, but the small display and list-based editing frustrated me. The MPC also brings sampling and excellent loop chopping abilities and for me it's fantastic. Definitely take a close look at it (especially using JJ os2xl).

About the only reason I see to use a PC these days is just to add tons of EQ and reverbs and compressor plugins to each track. If you can live without that, then you'll be fine with an MPC!! Its a huge step up from grooveboxes (I own an EMX and ESX too), while still not being a DAW. Excellent!