View Single Post
Old 08.06.2009, 11:02 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8A View Post
Can you please explain to me, what risk am I taking at running OSX on my PC as smooth as it runs right now for over a year without any noticeable problems at all?

UNIX and BSD Kernel isn't something Apple invented specifically for their computers, it fully supports a wide range of hardware including even AMD processors that it's not "suppose" to run on. The fact that OSX isn't officially supported by Apple on non Apple computers, doesn't means it cannot run on non Apple computers as smooth as it runs on Apple ones, and fully support the hardware that UNIX was originally meant to support long time before Apple even thought about starting using it in their operating systems.
You're really trying to argue for the sake of argument now. By all means use OS X hacked for your PC. But also please don't tell everyone they should too. As my previous post immediately above suggests, tinkering with computers is not really a useful endeavour. Using them to do something creative is far more interesting.

Cheers,
B