View Single Post
Old 28.07.2014, 10:25 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
What is this NERD FEST? Couldn't make it to Comic-con? Make some music you sad git's
@berni: Contributing something of value again I see, don't you have some self-promoting to do or something? Run along now and don't get under the grown ups feet while they're busy

@grs:
I'll give that a try a little later. I basically did the same thing by enabling monitor on all 25 instrument tracks (which plays them simultaneously, and then you can just hold a note down), so I think I will hit the wall at 25 again but will report back. Cubase CPU meter is a little different than Ableton et al in that you have peak load and average load (peak is like maximum which doesn't really tell you a whole lot other than you're hitting the ceiling occasionally, average is more like the meter in other DAWs that really impacts what you hear). I'm probably at about 60% average which is way higher than I would run in practice without freezing tracks, but then again a good fat unison poly lead with fx and a long release from some synths can eat up maybe 25-30% by itself at times.

Also meant to ask, are you comparing both PCs using the same external audio interface or do they have distinct sound cards?