View Single Post
Old 24.03.2005, 10:00 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

9 saws. 7 saws. this is all maths. the one thing i have gotten from experience is: the jp8080 sounds fat as. its an instrument. not a calculator. i cant explain why it sounds fat as. but its somewhat more than just having 7 detuned saws spread in stereo. it has a unique character that you just cant find anywhere else. its all well and good quoting numbers: 80 simultaneous voices! 9 detuned oscillators! + sub oscillator! which computes to xxx number of simultaneous detuned oscillators = fatness.' but ultimately the TI has to be more than an oscillator crunching calculator.

i also think that the raw virus waveforms, particularly the saw wave doesnt sound that great without a tonne of effects on it. it doesnt quite have that crunch or that bite. maybe the hypersaw oscillator will do that.

but yea, what a way to dispell all this speculation by actually posting the god damn fattest hypersaw lead in existence playing a classic supersaw lead like one of cygnus x's tunes. go on ben, make me weep for not pre ordering

i will admit, your previous demos got me close to crying. but crucially i DIDNT SHED A TEAR! finish the job ben! come on!