View Single Post
Old 16.06.2009, 01:04 PM
New here
New here

A.f.a.I.k the sound capabilities of the ti 2 are exactly the same as the ti1, so the ti2 does not have extra functionality the ti1 lacks.
Whether this will remain so in the future I cannot tell, but given that the sound engines are the same, I assume the original TI will be catching up with all the updates for quite some time to come.

Is 25% extra worth it? Does the TI engine overload much? Well, It is fairly easy to overload the sound engine with just one patch: take two hypersaws+sub+osc 3, put unison on 8, add lot's of fx, set the amp release high and there you go... Any synth will drop out that way and the Virus is no exception, although the raw processing power is already a lot higher in the original TI than in most other synths you get at that price.

WIll you ever need that amount of power? Will you ever use it? My personal opinion is that you won't....In a typical piece of music there will be one or perhaps two sonic elements which really stand out in the mix and "drive" the track. The rest should just fit in without distracting.
I own the original TI and I never needed more horsepower, 3 cores instead of 2 or whatever. A lot depends on how you use it and whether you program the Virus in an intelligent way. Once you know some basic do' s and dont' s, the processing power of the Virus TI1 is already unlikely to dissapoint you.

M.