View Single Post
Old 08.11.2011, 01:41 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I found that with the polyphony and overall processing power of the Ti2, I would need about a dozen of them to replace what I do with the PC.

IMO trying to use the Virus as a workstation is trying to use it for something it was not designed to do, and with so many folks here struggling to get it to work properly for what it is designed to do, it seems like heading down the road of a frustrating hobby.

In terms of eliminating the computer from the music making equation, I can certainly relate to how a PC sometimes pulls at you psychologically in ways you do not want during the music creation process, but within the electronic music genre they are a fact of life and your PC the most important piece of kit you have. Many things can be accomplished without it, but maybe embarking on attempting that will renew your appreciation for it or get rid of the sense of burnout? You might also try getting a dedicated PC just for music so that it is always running your DAW, nothing else, with a well laid-out controller setup such that your music PC is not used for web surfing or other PC tasks and thus feels more like an instrument in itself.

The real difference between PCs and modern synths is largely the control surface and monitors, and the fact that PCs are infinitely more powerful.