View Single Post
Old 25.12.2014, 05:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, I think the appeal isn't just in its stand alone capabilities! It's also on the fact that it spares your main system from any stress involved in the creation and manipulation of sounds - that's still one main advantage hardware has over software.

Totally on the same page about the suggested new features! Those are exactly the ones I'd like to see implemented. Only thing to add is audio rate capable lfos, which would then be selectable as FM sources to. In fact, filter FM would also kill to. So, audio rate modulations throughout would kill!

But I've thought a little about the other, slightly more daring one, about Virus Control deviating a bit from the constraints of the hardware and enabling some added features. I think Virus Control acts mainly as some sort of hub between the "daw world" and the hardware, right? So including some features on it that wouldn't be present on the hardware, due to understandable limits of a physical interface, would mean one of two things: it would either include some sort of native generative sound features, where the plug-in would still act as a hub for the hardware, plus it would also have some things of its own up its sleeve, presumably only accessible with the hardware connection - sort like the way an ilok works. The second option would be that some features would be out of the physical interface, due to their complexity, but they'd also use the available dsp engine on the hardware. The second seems much more likely and, in a way, it's something that's happened already with the programmable arp/sequencer on the ti range.