View Single Post
Old 12.11.2014, 12:34 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
In a few more years no doubt Calvin Harris will have had more hits then them if he doesn't retire. Like his music or not. Not enough time has past on new producers artists to compare them.

One could then say how many hits has Max Martin or Dr Luck had. Bands, sorry ACTS are worked a lot different from those of yesta year. Producers seem more interested in giving someone fresh their 5 seconds of fame over dragging out acts over and over.
You have a good point in your second paragraph, although I'm not sure if it's only due to the choice of producers that results in the 5 seconds of fame syndrome or the ADHD nature of the modern listening audience that always wants something new or a gimmick to grab their attention.

I had to look up Calvin Harris to even know who he was. I've never heard of him or his music here in the US, maybe he's hugely popular elsewhere. What little I was able to tolerate listening to just sounded like the typical pop crap that could be the poster child for the type of music I'm talking about. That's not to say fans of his should like him any less, it's just very hard to picture him appearing in a list like this, even if he's given a 50 year trial period to attempt it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

Maybe I just listened to the wrong tunes of his. I just couldn't stand his singing style in the mixes I listened too. That type of Justin Bieber sounding stuff pains my eardrum.