View Single Post
Old 15.10.2012, 09:50 AM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUROLURA View Post
And the Novation KS series were more knobby and multitimbral ...
One could find some second hand for similar price.

This one is more to be compared to Akai Miniak, Alesis Ion or Korg MicroKorg/R3.
I still own the orig. Supernova and Ion, which are still very versatile and deeply programable synths. I will agree that although the Micron has the Ion's same engine as does the Miniak; however, the user interface of those two really suck, whereas the Ion's knobby surface allows access to the very capable synth engine that I still discover new sonic territory with. Whomever designed the Micron/Miniak's interface MUST still be in a straight-jacket in a perpetual giggle! Know someone whom purchased this Novation Ultranova and he put it up for sale same day telling me that it's yet another DJ toy and only way to really access it as a proper synth is via software. just ONE oscillator from Novation's Supernova blows this thin sounding pretty toy away! Admitedly, I may really love the Alesis Ion, will freely agree that the keys attached are total crap! Novation has a gem of a midi controller in the Sl MK II 61 that I do own, however, rather than nightmare of Automap, I just assign controllers and create my own templates.
Wouldn't it be really nice if these companies would actually innovate instead of producing dozens and dozens of yet new midi controllers? My rant is over, I just had to defend my growling Ion being tossed into same mix as it's insane derivitives!