View Single Post
Old 30.04.2009, 01:16 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

A Voyager is a handcrafted instrument built for a lifetime. You will either agree or disagree that the money justifies the sounds of one note. But before you think it must be to ultimate, please consider the following.

The waveforms are somewhat rounded. There's no fast edge on the saw or square waves. You can however process the raw waves before going to the filter so there's a chance to brighten them up if you wish.

The stepping with the knobs is slight but sometimes noticeable. I wouldn't sweep the filter knob while self oscillating. Mind you its far better than digital synths because it is 256 steps instead of the usual 128. The Virus is superb in its smoothing so that you hear none.

If you are looking for that original moog sound, heaps of fanboys are distainful because its not a 30 year old pile of unstable transistors. I say the Voyager is how Moog would have made the minimoog D today: its the best technology can achieve today as was the model D in the '70s.

Sorry, can't comment on the LP. I love my Voyager though. The filter is still the moog filter.

B