View Single Post
Old 09.04.2006, 02:00 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsubs
2 questions:

1> is that a rack attack under the pulse?
It's Waldorf MicroQ. I always felt that the Rack Attack wasn't important. I also tried the software version and didn't like it much.

Quote:
2> is that the dell 2496 monitor? do you like?
It's Dell 2405FPW. It's imo very good. Altough the panel is "only" 16ms (like the 20" viewsonic), both panels beat many new panels which are 8ms or even 3ms! The best trick to test the panel speed is to drag an internet browser windows (for example) with a mouse and see if the picture stays clean and whether there's shadow or not. If a panel is not so good, the picture and especially fonts start flickering easily.

Quote:
bonus: tell me the allure of the xt K? (besides the knobs)--- ive always felt like im missing something with waldorf synths, i just dont like their sound, but maybe im not trying hard enough.
It's hard to explain but I have liked waldorf as a company and their synths for a long time and Pulse was a synth which I always wanted and was lucky to get one of the last Pulses ever sold.

I read a review of the XTk from SOS magazine and decided that some day I will purchase one. So I got this one second hand 2 weeks ago. I was quite surprised by the sounds it can make. Waldorf synths sound very digital (except Pulse) but they can make some very beautiful sounds. I use them for some distorted and heavily filtered sounds, some pads and about anything. I feel that my productions sound more interesting if I use more synths and especially Waldorf synths can give a very different sound character if I need it. I wouldn't recommend a Microwave XTk or Q keyboard as your only synth but if you already have some other synths, they give you totally different kind of sounds and make your music more interesting.

Quote:
wait, no access products?
No pictures but I have 2 TC Powercore PCI mk2's running the virus plugin.