Thread: Waldorf Rocket
View Single Post
Old 23.02.2013, 11:47 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
don't like the envelopes on this... would rather get a blofeld or the pulse 2, but it looks cool
Based on the envelope's obvious lack of an obvious attack, THAT was a dead-ringer for my hypothesis that this device is MORE of a partner in sonic crime with Pulse 2. Same color scheme and one thing Waldorf has been consistant in their industrial design matched with function is indeed color schema. Again, this is yet another hypothesis here: notice only on the left side panel of Rocket, there's two grooves. These are either as simply an ergonomic design function for picking Rocket up, or for perhaps tidying-up a yet to be disclosed connection. Note that it is very unusual or 'less common' for ANY device to be soley USB-powered as the Rocket appears to be. It would be entirely possible for say the Pulse 2, which is spec'd to have external power, to then be able to plug the Rocket's USB into Pulse 2. Only speculation but after reading the Rocket's complete first version owner's manual pdf download on Waldorf's site; they were emphatic about to ONLY use the INCLOSED USB line to power the Rocket. THAT raised more questions...the obvious missing from facia of Rocket of proper attack and envelope(s), the user manual shows those functions are clearly controllable via external controller midi cc#'s.
Marketing has become more of a "psy-ops" type of thing these days in which no manufacturer realistically wants to outlay all their 'cards' on the table before a major music trade show. I personally have always prefered the upcoming music trade show over NAMM and would bet that still covert functions of DSI Prophet 12 will be further disclosed there as well.
My brain is more warped realizing the inherent limitations of Virus KC Multimode...seems easier to just record track by track!