View Single Post
Old 14.02.2015, 02:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, maybe that effect does indeed exist 'cause I've been thinking about it more and more! The features I'm missing seem to become a bigger deal as time goes by, also curiosity starts to take over... Just have to get a nice deal for it, and haven't really been looking (just yet) :infekted:

still enjoying the C though, combined with the rest of my humble setup, I can reach a lot of sonic territory. but the Virus is still a winner in my book, and I really dig it's sound, the addition of an editor (I have the solar 3d one and been demoing the mistery island's one on the laptop, every now and then, thinking of getting it as well, as I'd need two licenses for each computer anyways) made me comfortable enough to make more use of the multi capabilities. I confess that although I'm surely geek enough to dive deep into synthesis, even to the point of loosing track of what I was doing in a given track, I can be real lazy if I need much menu diving before I can get my hands on the sound (so to speak), 'cause it just destroys the flow. with the editor, which I imagine is an approximation (at least) to the Ti experience, another thing that's also much more handy is automation. I can draw lines and curves and it all responds nice and smoothly - always with the before mentioned latency of course. Found that Ableton, besides the driver error compensation command, has a tutorial project inside (you get there with the help menu btw), that allows you to route a simple signal in a loop, so as to calculate precisely the latency you get, with a lot of decimal cases, so it's really down to the sample point precise!! After doing this, when using Ableton, I can record knowing that the start position of my recording will exactly match the midi notes - that's called sample accuracy in my book! So it's really great! But I'm pretty sure the other stuff that's been added would open many new doors and sonic avenues and it's surely nice to have as much as possible in the same, familiar and welcoming place, so yeah, call it snow effect TM if you will HA!!!