View Single Post
Old 24.09.2004, 05:04 PM
New here
New here

Well, I still don't know what the problem was but I had to reinstall both windows and sounddiver (OEM) to get rid of it.

tk's reply regarding setting the buffers in sounddiver didn't do anything but I noticed that its the standard reply relating to any issue with sounddiver. Notice how I never said that sounddiver wasn't communicating with the virus. It was crashing my pc.

Royal Tee, yeah I first reinstalled just sounddiver but since it didn't help I reinstalled windows as well. Maybe the sounddiver update replaces one dll or the other and brakes something in windows. I don't know. The virus version of SD never worked on my pc and still doesn't for some reason (it installs and finds the virus and communicates fine - before I get the buffer reply again - but the sliders in the virus implementation jump from 0 to 127 only, I can't set it to any values in between)

I won't even bother commenting on the rest of replies since I doubt they were intending to help anyway.

In any event, if anyone has this same problem then I recommend reinstallling both windows and sounddiver rather then spending days and days trying to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.