View Single Post
Old 17.04.2007, 10:19 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten View Post
There are going to be a a bunch of mugs out there where money is not an object and who desire such items like this. If there is people willing to pay a premium for it and who have the money why not let them?
I think that's it, it's probably no doubt gonna great in some bling bling american rap/hip-hop studio outfit (if that's your thing), especially the bigger artists, and they'd certainly have the money to do so. Gold is where it's at.

It's a strange beast. I guess everyone is thinking what they would have done with it. It's weird, I think if I won it I'd have kept it, but otherwise wouldn't pay any more for it than the current Polar if it were available to buy. Certainly has a bit of an 'ugly duckling' factor, perhaps looking kinda out of place in a working studio, but would fit in just right in a top-name hip-hop/rap studio. And that's definately where the money is, I think.

What other people would or would not have done with the Goldfilter has no consequence, and you absolutely have the right to do exactly what you want. It'll certainly be interesting to watch what happens. ... I predict ~£2000, purely for the status/bling hip-hop/rap factor. Sure, anyone can customise their synth using third-party companies, perhaps, but this one is different in that it's an official release and unique in that there is just one.

Any photos of the 'filter when its on, with all the LEDs and LCD etc.?

Nice well thought out website, too. The photos perhaps seem a little over-processed, though. Would like to see what it looks like in a neutral light, no post-processing/filters.

Good luck!