View Single Post
Old 06.12.2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by index
Did you use the midi ports or midi via USB?
I used the midi ports, connected up to an Emagic MT4 midi interface on an old 500MHz PC, running WinXP and Logic 5.5.1.
Quote:
The reason i arranged the parts as i did was simply as a test, that is not how i normally work...
Phew, glad to hear it, although it was quite good actually. It just needed a 909 kick and it would have sounded loads better than some of the rubbish they play at some nights I can think of.
Quote:
And Mister Orange, wich project did you test? The third version? Please try the first one also - because if you get that project (with more automation going on) to sound rock solid also, then it would be very interesting to find out why at least Ben had the same troubles with it as i did.
The third one. As I said in my earlier reply, I would have no faith in midi carrying sysex along with a running sequence. IMO, midi was simply never designed for sysex to be used in this way. That's what control messages are for.

By the way, don't read this as though I don't have other issues with the TI's stability. I just don't think it's the TI that's at fault in this case.

I will try your 1st sequence, maybe filtering out the sysex, or thinning out the cc data if it jams up. I'll let you know how I get on. But first, a little sleep.

Mr O