View Single Post
Old 07.12.2005, 01:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
How is the Virus supposed to decide to start ingnoring some midi data, just in case there's a note coming sometime in the future?
I think that's why the Virus Control vsti exists, with buffering it should be possible via USB midi to get 16 notes on 16 channels to hit all on the same beat and hopefully Access will come good on their 'sample accurate' promise.

With my experiments so far I have only experienced sample accurate timing when using Virus Control (open VST, load VC, save fxp, unload VC, power off TI, power on TI, load VC, load fxp) This was also slaving to the TI s/pdif output and recording the s/pdif output.

When you think about it, unless the TI sound engine is word clock accurate to your Asio card how can it deliver sample accurate precision? That last question is just an open question for people to ponder.

As a side question: Does anyone remember Steinbergs LTB technology for accepting midi data out of time (edit: ahead of time) and having the receiving midi device play the notes when they are actually scheduled to play?