View Single Post
Old 17.12.2005, 10:04 PM
Pro
Pro

But with the mackies or dynaudios you can also listen to music and really enjoy it. For example the dynaudio BM-series are a good example of speakers which seem to be designed just to sound natural so you can use them as studio monitors or hifi speakers if you want. In fact there shouldn't even be any difference between a good hifi speaker and a studio monitor speaker.

The goal of designing both kind of speakers is to get the most natural sound and flattest possible frequency response. I hear some people talking about hifi speakers or "hifi listening settings" (wtf?) and these tend to boost bass and treble but that's not what hifi means to me.

IMO the BM5A's sound very neutral and precise. The frequency response is very flat. They just don't have any annoying characters in the sound so you don't get tired of listening to them even at long sessions. I also enjoy listening to music with them. In fact I don't know many or any hifi speakers which sound better than these. I just checked Dynaudio's hifi speakers and those are really expensive. I don't know how they can sell the studio monitors at this price. Of course the enclosure design and finish of the hifi speakers cost more but still...