View Single Post
Old 11.04.2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Exactly how does it work? Where would you get wavetables from? Sample CD's? Program your own? Id like to wack in some PPG and Prophet VS tables.....

I wonder if that would be possible?
I was thinking more like a "Z3ta+" style editor within software (ie. on your PC, but within your TI-editing/controlling software), where it could show a single-cycle editor via a graphic ocilloscope, which you can morph and mangle how you like, and then send to the Virus to use as a user wavetable. This would make sure it was optimised and that there are no compatibility problems because it would be generated within the Virus' own file-format and host before it gets transmitted to the Virus.

Check out this pic: http://www.rgcaudio.com/images/z3ta%2Bsshot100.gif

The Z3ta+ oscillator/waveform editor is the box on the left in that pic.

However, people can also sample their own 'single-cycle' waveforms externally (in PCM format, with certain criteria regards tuning, sample-lengths etc.), and then later import them into Z3ta+. I think some guy has even sampled all of the 62 Virus waveshapes into Z3ta to attempt to get some similar sounds to the Virus.

Would be awesome if that were possible on the TI. I'd buy it in a shot.