View Single Post
Old 22.07.2009, 01:46 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Actually, I don't own a Ti but a Kc
Since I'm considering upgrading to Ti, I've been reading most of the TI related threads with interest.

Something is bugging me, a fact that everyone seem to be missing :

Why the very same hardware configuration can lead to so many different buggy behaviors ?
Why after a hard reset, same machines, with same OS, have different stability issues ?
Why some of you cannot even upgrade the machine ?
Do viruses have life of their own ?

I mean, viruses are more or less computer with analogs and digital outputs. So far, I have never seen computers fitted with the same hardware components and OS acting differently after a clean install.

Some of you seem to be lucky with their virus while other can't even consider doing music with it, that's odd.
I think you should stop blaming your computer, USB cable, midi player or whatever, and ask yourself :

Is there any chance that, Virus stability issues are internal hardware related ?
(and yes the OS is probably buggy too, but not that buggy)

From my experience with computer and VAs, I know there are different qualities of hardware components (especially RAM chip), I'm also pointing this direction because my virus Kc had stability issues which were solved by sending it back to germany and having a faulty chip replaced.

just my 2 cents

frederic

Last edited by pixie : 22.07.2009 at 06:09 PM.