View Single Post
Old 13.07.2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvenom View Post
I just wan't to make sure that I will be able to play all of the patches released in the future. I would hate for a good sound bank to come out and then realize that I can't use it with the snow because I don't have enough processing power for the sound bank.
Hi, well firstly none of us here (except Marc) know what will happen to the Ti|1 and Ti|2 in the future, if or where they will split off from each other and possibly go their separate paths, or whether the Ti|2 was only ever meant to be a minor refresh version of the standard Ti|1 model and the two will remain forever compatible. We don't know. So we can't answer what will or will not happen in the future.

What we do know is that the Snow is currently 100% compatible with the Ti|1 and Ti|2.

Quote:
but I don't think I will need the knobs since I don't program synths. I mainly just use the stock sounds to make tunes. I hardly touch the knobs on my korg radias.
I think you will stand to get a lot more for your money if you jump in and have a go at tweaking. Better still, start from scratch with the basics, changing oscillator waveforms and getting used to the filters, and then amp/filter ASDR envelopes, etc.. It's extremely rewarding when you start to get the hang of it.

If you're looking for a synthesis 101, see here: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...8/2ansynth.htm

Quote:
I don't know too much about the technical side of synths. Do you think the extra power of the ti2 desktop over the snow will make enough of a difference to warrant $700 US.
Well, the Snow has >50 voices, and the Ti|1 has >80. The Ti|2 is supposed to have 25% more than the Ti|1, which brings it up to >100 voices.

So, both Snow and Ti|2 currently sound identical to each other. The $700 is up to you as to whether double the polyphony, knobs and extra timbre usage would be beneficial to you.

Last edited by Timo : 13.07.2009 at 01:10 PM.