View Single Post
Old 03.09.2010, 05:58 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Difference between Xite-1 and PowerCore is that the use of PowerCore is limited to the VST mode, whereas Xite-1 has a hardware mode possible because of the integration of the I/Os.
The Xite-1 is already provided with a bunch of marvellous plug-ins and especillay synth plug-ins (Minimax, Pro12, LightWave, Vectron, Modular 2/III, UKNOW 007, BlueSynth) and there are also great freebies. Only Scope plug-in can run on it though.
So no Virus plug-in available except for some attempts (I think the commercial Void is something like this)
I do think that the PowerCore is missing some integrated I/O: I would have been interested in it for the Access Virus and Novation V-station on that platform but there you need to go through a VST host sequencer with latency issues. With the Scope Xite-1 mode you can plug a MIDI IN and play live as if it was a Hardware synth (you just need a host PC for let the thing start and manage presets).

Another interesting attempt to unleash the softsynth creativity on a hardware synth was the Soundarts Chameleon. More complex to program software on this on (this is real hardware), but I love this idea too.
Their Australis also sound great but they now lack some DSP power and advanced digital I/O. The user interface was also too limited but it would be possible of building up a more Virus like one.
Regarding the synth control interface, Novation KS series, clavia Nord lead series and the Waldorf MicroWave XT and Q were also quite straightforward.

HUROLURA

Combining different brand of VA synth = pure joy.