View Single Post
Old 16.03.2015, 06:24 PM
New here
New here

The internal auxes work just like having an extra 2 pair of audio inputs and outputs on the back of the synth that can only be sent to or received from by parts in multi mode. The delay/reverb block can also be sent to an aux, just as it can be sent to an alternate output.

To use an aux, in multi mode, change the output of a part to the aux you want to use (stereo or mono) from the multi edit menu . This part will now make no sound. To get sound back, you have to switch to a different part, change it to input mode (I usually use static, but there's no reason you can't use dynamic if you're doing the right things with the notes...), and select the same aux. On the 'C', the input menu is hidden in the effects edit button.

There are two big uses for the auxes in addition to simply routing one part to another for more effects. The first is applying filter to the vocoder. Since the vocoder occupies the filter block when it is turned on, this lets you use the nice filter models with the vocoder.

The second is extremely powerful - you can create feedback loops! For example, one technique I use frequently is this: send the delay/reverb to an aux instead of a hardware output. Set one part to receive only the left aux, and another the right, then cross-pan them in their multi setups. The FX send parameters on those parts now control feedback, which will absolutely self-oscillate (be careful with that). You now have a (considerably more powerful) Jomox T-Resonator inside your virus.

I recently got a TI2 and was floored that this option no longer exists. It's honestly unfathomable to me how access engineers could be so shortsighted as to eliminate this feature.