View Single Post
Old 21.08.2014, 05:27 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to Vevolis Send a message via MSN to Vevolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Hi Chimney, I've not had a problem with loose buttons, and flipping the caps off and replacing them didn't affect anything. I merely flipped them off in case I were to accidentally nick them with the soldering iron.

You could try flipping off the caps and replacing them first, make sure they're on correctly. Use a plastic spatula or something that is broad but isn't sharp to lever them out. Otherwise if you are having trouble with the button switches in use, if they're erratic or not very responsive or similar, you may need to replace them (involving de-soldering and replacing from the PCB).

Would you happen to know the best method of cleaning the button switches? I'm having the same problem and am not quite ready to re-solder my Virus KC and source new parts. I've seen a lot of different tutorials saying to use contact cleaner, to not use contact cleaner, to use rubbing alcohol, etc...