View Single Post
Old 29.01.2014, 08:34 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'm unsure if it's true as I don't have either.

If I had a TI, I'd test it alongside my Indigo (B-series), unfortunately I don't have a TI.

You would also have to use a huge wealth of controlled conditions to compare the two. It's not as easy as just loading a patch into both synths, playing a MIDI routine and recording the output.

I hear a lot of TI users say that the analog-outputs sound considerably better than piping the audio over USB. This would figure seeing as the TI's D/As are 192KHz 24-bit, rather than the 44.1KHz 16-bit limitation of audio being piped through USB.

I believe any audible differences will likely be the different D/A converters, volume discrepancies (seeing as the TI has balanced outputs, while the C doesn't), and analogue outputs vs. USB.

I don't think the sound engine itself will have changed. Providing you strictly use only features that are available on the C when comparing.