View Single Post
Old 05.11.2002, 03:50 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

What are the differences? I've been following this in the ms2k group in yahoo. The micro doesn't have the mod sequencer. I think thats it. Yea it would be cool to take to the park with some headphones. It has a little micophone that screws on it too I think, like the old korg vocoder.

I think besides the mod sequencer, which really does some strange stuff and allows for good pads on it, I would have gotten the micro if it existed when I bought my rack. But I got the rack version, which is probably smaller but the ends stick out about 3 inches for rackmounting.

There is supposed to be a program comming out to allow the transfer of sysex between the two versions too. So you wouldn't have a problem with getting patches, plus the micro korg is supposed to be shipped with a big sound library. This already happened in the UK and they're supposed to do it in the states. It's a promotional thing. Check into that before getting yours. Order from the UK or the States.

Oh yea, thinking the ms sounds 80's. I would say you're wrong. There are alot of cool sounds alot of talented people post and really make use of the thing. Also it has an equalizer that really changes the sound.

The ms2k is better but the micro is cooler.