View Single Post
Old 15.11.2005, 10:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

USB audio - a bit glitchy

MIDI sync - seems much improved, still not perfect though

Keyboard - MIDI control of other synths is problematic - it seems to foget to send note off messages quite alot - shame - the TI keyboard is rather nice, but find I have to use my v-synth keyboard mostly (which is also a nice board, but not as good for expressive piano parts).

Hardware still seems to crash alot.

Virus control seems to have hugely improved its sync.

No Remote mode - please let have some level of remote support - even without templates etc

Doesnt send anything out via midi when USB connected and virus controll is active - making it useless as a hardware synth controller while Im running cubase - I have to yank the USB lead - I wish there was a stop gap remote mode to fix this. Also I like to layer the TI sounds with other synths - without MIDI out - not possible if also using virus control.

Seems *FAR* less accurate with arps via midi and analogue audio then any other synth I have. I only seems to get arps to work properly when using USB audio, otherwise they seem to lag behind subtley - enough to make the mix sound messy rather than cleanly in sync as when using USB audio. I use arps on my v-synth and motif-es alot via regulat MIDI (as opposed to USB MIDI) and have no such issues with them.

Even with also the above - still love this contraption, love the sound of it and love tweaking it - but I think its a Virus PI (partial integration) not a TI.