View Single Post
Old 07.07.2019, 05:32 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Touching the contacts manually by hand may not be the best way to test it as it's probably more complex than just contacting the contacts individually. The contacts will be trying to calculate the velocity/speed from your 'press' between each of the two feet. I guess make sure you use an 'init' patch where velocity doesn't modulate anything, and I think for the key press to work you'd need both feet to cover all four of the PCB contacts, not just two of them, and to contact them in the correct order, and time/speed. I'm just guessing this, though.
I did this with other contacts too, and it worked well except the faulty contact.

Quote:
PS> actually it would be easier to try taking off a rubber strip from one of your other octaves temporarily, fully install it into the 'faulty' PCB octave section and see if the key still doesn't work. This would ascertain whether it's the electronics/PCB or the rubber strip.
Already tried this too. No change.

Quote:
Unless others chip in, I'm unsure what to advise further other than possibly contacting http://synthesizerservice.de for advice, who are Access' service guys, although they are based in Germany.
Thank you, I'll call them tomorrow. I hope they are not going to ask €300 to fix the issue, its only 1 key.