View Single Post
Old 28.08.2019, 07:03 PM
New here
New here

Hi Timo!

So after many months of waiting, the repair place couldn't do anything as they couldn't work without the service manual, so I tried myself.

None of the caps on the board or any other components look to be at fault after removing the board. So I've just replaced the reported bad 100uF cap on the left side as mentioned - the Virus now boots into the OS which is a good start!

However, I've got no sound, and (the strangest bit) the LED screen lights up intermittently. I turn the Virus on and only sometimes get the ACCESS logo. But whether the logo appears or not, the screen goes blank (off) when the OS boots. I can tell it's booted ok as the all LEDs are present - I can change from Single to Multi-Mode and change filter modes.

So, it looks like that bad cap was causing the majority of problems....

But do you have any thoughts on what this new issue could be? Do you think replacing all caps and voltage regs would sort this or is it something else? I've seen some mention here of the LED cable that's significantly twisted and thought maybe that might be involved.... But that wasn't ever an issue initially. The booting problem has always been the main factor here.

Thank you again for all your help,

Frith