View Single Post
Old 08.03.2021, 07:48 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Yes, the virus ti(2 desktop) is really a 'diva'. It can work smooth quite a while, and other times it crashes 2 times in a row

The workaround

"not starting to play any note (VST or direct Midi), after having switched to another patch, before not counted up 3-5 seconds"

has positive effects, but it does not mean that you will not have any crashes anymore.

Does someone here in the forum have knowledge about electronics? Will electronic parts e.g. in the Virus TI(2) will have some kind of lifetime? Means if the Virus is e.g. > 10 years old, electronic parts will react slightly instable. Is there a lifetime of DSPs?

I have no idea, how old my TI2 desktop is. Is there any way to find that out (the manufactoring year)?

On the other side, the Virus is used so much in the music production and live, that compared to that, the reports of crashes are very rare.

That brings me to the assumption that there are rare devices which have problems from build up, or because of degratation over time (professionals will simply order a new one I guess).

Maybe my Virus had its problems from begin on, and went through several owners, which are sooner or later angry about it, and sold it again.

But still I don't want to give my Virus away Most of the time it is doing perfect. Just thinking, if there are replacable electronic components, I would consider such a repair.

Edit:
I was in contact with Access, and they nicely could tell me the rough build date based on the serial number (about 2010). Also they stated, that there are no electronic pieces that could get used over time (reach end of life).

Last edited by NoLie6 : 15.03.2021 at 08:09 AM.