View Single Post
Old 16.01.2006, 08:43 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroe
ACCESS VIRUS TI WISH LIST:

16 step sequencer with 16 buttons
the step sequencer should also be able to act as modulaton source.
the sequencer buttons should be able to act as keyboard (for the desktop version)

(modified with a photo editor)

usb2 interface to get 16 stereo audio channels into the pc.

better fm synthesis. the virus ti has 9 oscillators for the new hyper saw. some of them could be used as fm oscillators.

more filter types.

multistage envelopes as modulation source.

more knobs

rotary endless knobs.

bigger display to interact with the new features.
Nice implemention with the extra buttons. You have my vote. Have said it before that I would absoutely love a step sequencer for midi CC duties (rhythmically gating frequency-cutoff, that sort of thing). Whether cost effectiveness of the extra hardware (switches+buttons) involved would become an issue, however? Regardless, I think a synth as powerful as the Virus requires more control to get in deeper, quicker, and those extra buttons would go a very long way (for multi usage).

But certainly more filter types. (JP8, 303, MS20, OB8, etc.)

And a waveform importer or graphic customisable wavetable designer similarly like Z3ta+, via Virus Control!!

Wave sequencing (like the Wavestation) would be pretty good for granular type synthesis.

Pitch bend and Mod wheels to be orientated HORIZONTALLY as opposed to vertical. You just can't use vertical pitch wheels as naturally/easily!! An XY joystick like the Korgs would be ace (pitch left/right, modulation front/back). And sliders for ADSR stuff (like the Rolands) instead of pots.

A ribbon controller or XY pad for modulating parameters like no slider/knob/button/mod-wheel ever could...

The ability to make any oscillator become "Hyper" (multiples of), too, maybe? Must admit I don't know how the whole Supersaw/Hypersaw thing works, though, ie. how you can do up to 9 instances using just one osc, etc..

Some dynamic effects processing wouldn't go astray, either. Compession/limiting, maybe even multi-band, but then we're talking CPU hogs. On the other hand, there are always more apt or personal external processors for this kind of stuff, away from the Virus, as opposed to doing everything 'in a box'.

Can't say I'm that fussed for rotary encoders, as I vaguely recall Access's rack Viruss had problems with 'jumpy' rotaries (ie jumpy/buggy values)?

I'm half excited for NAMM, as I reckon they'll have a batch of new features for the TI. I'm only half excited, though, as I don't have a TI! Will likely get a TI v2 though.