View Single Post
Old 26.03.2006, 02:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: 2 questions about TI ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by host
1. If I import all the Virus C factory presets into Virus TI will they all sound exactly the same and I really mean EXACTLY the same as in Virus C? Even including arpeggiator factory setup for each preset, effects factory setup for each preset and everything like I`m actually playing the Virus C for the first time or will there be any differences and which one?
They should sound the same. As I understand, the engine is pretty much backwards compatible with each Virus instance in the series (A, B, C and TI), but this is something that someone from Access-Music would have to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by host
2. In Virus TI do most or maybe even all factory presets use those new oscillators, new effects and other new features of Virus TI that directly effect the overall coloration of sounds even in small amounts?
Well, obviously not all, since that would not show off the TI, but only the difference between it and previous Viruses in the series (A, B and C). To benefit new users (and Access-Music), patches of the past (series) is something that needs to be part of the TI, or at least SIMILAR patches.

Meaning one oscillator programs, one filter programs, vocoder programs or the programs created by (not to be terribly biased here but...) Howard Scarr's which, accompanied by his "Virus programming tutorial" (which EVERY Virus user should read; on Access-Music support page for your Virus) is probably one of the most valuable resources to people who wants to learn how to program the Virus series synthesizers. Of course, I didn't mean to say that HS's programs are "better" than other programs on the TI, that were created by some very talented sound creators.

as far as I understand, the ROM sounds are freshly built for the TI (except for a few, explained above). Ben, Marc or someone else from Access-Music?