View Single Post
Old 29.07.2009, 07:43 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I think Soarer means just a stand alone synth editor and librarian like everyone else does rather than total integration. I for one am behind this as well.

This is just my observation, but the VC is a never ending rat race of constant os releases and an Access resource hog to try and make the virus ti work on every combination of software DAW that comes out for every platform in realtime. While they have done a good job at attempting this, its far from perfect. It was a good idea on paper. It simply doesnt work for everyone and as a consequence the Virus TI OS is still riddled with bugs.

I say drop it. No one else does this and with good reason. I dont have it on my other synths and dont use it on my Virus. For those who do fair enough, you have it working on whatevery you are using. That doenst mean Access is obligated to continue this maddness.

It eats up to much development resources. Just make a stand alone editor and librarian and call it a day. This way Access can get back to adding feature updates regularly rather than always putting out fires evertime a software manufacturer comes out with this years revisions.

While Access keeps tinkering with this bug and that bug other synth makers are adding Flash RAM for sample usage through their signal path.

While Access is at it, maybe they can release an OS version without all the TI nonsense for those who dont need it. One thats lighter and better optimized like good old days freeing resources for more valuable things like more filter options, new osc types and additional envelope generators.