View Single Post
Old 20.05.2009, 03:02 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
you can use the analog input to the virus and the analog outputs out of the virus into your soundcard for using the atomizer, effeckts... in cubase

i tested this, i think its too complicated to set it up right and also to use it in your workflow

it´s much easier and more fun to use it with the usb in with ableton for example

i really hope steinberg will bring that sidechain feature for vst instruments, also posted in the steinberg forum here in this topic http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtop...16034&start=30

Sidechain audio input support on VST Instruments Please

Anyone who is using Cubase please also post in that thread and vote "Steinberg have our dosh & support give us what we need please"

Any Plans for making a VST Effeckts only Plugin for the Virus? Could that work with sidechain then?
This is exactly what I would LOVE to see. An FX version that strips out the engine manipulation portion of Virus Control. Have it contain only the 2 FX tabs, and whatever else could be used to process external audio routed into it. This would be great for processing without worrying about it not working due to it looking as if it is still a VSTi running.