View Single Post
Old 21.05.2009, 04:00 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Problems with virus analog lines while in VC mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Yeh View Post
^^ Until the instrument sidechaining feature is enabled in Cubase, you won't ever use the 3out/1in setting in the Virus. Just leave it on 3out/0in. You should get back sound after that.
So last night I took your advice and it did work. I also realized that even though my cabling was correct, the settings for my T.C. Near (using Studio Konnekt 48 ) were also wrong.

So after I got a signal going through the virus I was able to choose patches and I was able to play with the FX section and Filters. There are a few problems at first though. The signal going through the virus was not the same as the bypass signal, even when I used an init patch. Later I realized that the Boost setting in the Virus config was distorting the input signal. I was able to fix that. For some reason the Atomizer was working; all I got was the channel signal going straight through the virus. [Note that I used the Virus as an external input fx on my song's master channel.]

Another problem: even though the only channel out of 16 in VC was outputing the input signal to analog output 2 L/R, in NEARs direct monitoring I was getting a duplicate signal in analog output 1 L/R also.... weird.

Overall I wasn't too happy with the experience. Even with a clean signal going through the virus I was still getting some sound artifacts (like pops and clicks) which are not present in the bypass signal.

I hope someone at Access can make something of this information. I would eventually like to get a snow to use as a dedicated FX processor for my studio and also for on the go with my DJM-800 but not anytime soon.

Last edited by civan : 26.05.2009 at 06:36 AM.