View Single Post
Old 08.02.2014, 04:51 PM
Pro
Pro

You said "geekturd", and about blew espresso all over my lappy!

That "EDM/Live pasting snipets together sound" [paraphrasing] had been my impasse in trying to connect properly with *anyone* on the Elektron Forum in specific to the Analog Four, which has great potential for the atmospheric drones and such I am working on as well as ambient/chill.

However, I hate to sound like an ass (probably way too late for that), but ALMOST ALL **so-called user's music** sounds so much alike with absolutely NO SONG STRUCTURE to where it's *nowhere near* being the 'Berlin School' type of synth music I make my own take on. Rather, it's maniacal snip-its all chained somewhat together and through chaotic repetition (nowhere NEAR in a Tangerine Dream way, in which I admire and like), it makes me wonder if as seen on this forum quite a few times of recent, people becoming incredibly lazy in making music, let alone in programming and learning TO PROGRAM their instruments??!

I will not resolve to saying I am just older...no, there's more CRAP-tastic music out there that I personally find unlistenable but it does not mean I think all those are without talent entirely; just a bit "me too mentality" compilers of clips and samples.

With that said, there IS something admirable about an improvisation process but I guess as they say, "it's just my opinion, and everyone has one".
Perhaps what I am wondering is if there's a lot of people that forgo practice makes perfect, acquired skills, and music theory? Glad to hear other thoughts on this.