View Single Post
Old 10.02.2014, 10:05 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Yes, but it took them until 2013 to release first CD. More than enough time to refine and hone their distinctively fresh sound. They are not trying to be yet another "me too" group and even that music video/studio version of performed live song, "better Dig Two", shows they definitely think outside the parameter box. I at least, find their music refreshing.

It was not my wont to prove you incorrect rather, to be an optimist in showing the glimpse of hope I once renewed by this one example.
Yeah, I know. But my point was just that the lure that used to draw talent to the industry is drawing way less talent -- even though they didn't come out with a CD until many years later, it seems like they kind of made their career commitment before the "real crash" (MGMT is similar in that regard).

Also, a tangential topic since you mentioned Letterman.... Over the last two years I've noticed most of the newer bands that come on his show with a keyboardist or two have shown up with MIDI controllers (presumably controlling soft synths) rather than an identifiable synth. The exception seems to be rap groups (sometimes country ones) that sometimes show up with a Triton, Motif, or similar rompler type workstation. Its gotten really noticeable in the last 6 months or so, usually you see a Novation or Akai controller rather than Moog, Korg, Roland etc on the back of the keyboardists main board.

Buggles should do a new video: "Softsynths killed the Hardware Star"