View Single Post
Old 21.05.2013, 10:11 PM
Pro
Pro

Just wanted to state although I presently use all hardware synths, have been learning little by little as suggested here on my DAW of choice Reaper and am thrilled that my Novation SL 61 MK2 is a pretty nice controller, minus the crappy response of x/y pad for my taste at least.
Also, although I may not use Automap and create my own templates for my needs, Automap 4.7 totally supports Reaper **AND** in the Automap Mappings Library, there's actually a 100% mapping for my hardware Waldorf Q rack monster synth...happy happy, joy joy ("Ren and Stimpy reference)

The audio interface I had purchased well over a year or more ago, Avid Fast Track C600 has worked but when M-Audio and Avid recently went separate ways in a mass sell-off of "prosumer products", their driver is not being updated and support for it seems to be a joke so am pretty well sold on the new Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface.

With that said, I know there's some Focusrite interface users here and wondering if anyone has some experience with this particular interface that will also allow me to use the Alesis Fusion Synth's ADAT output because this sleeper of a synth actually has 8 one quarter inch inputs to a built-in mixer as well as an 80 GB SSD that could be used in future, making this 18i20 last me a long time (theoretically). Some people I have been conversing with on homerecording.com have this new interface and is rock solid on similar PC set-up and hardware synth-based.