View Single Post
Old 07.02.2014, 08:11 PM
Pro
Pro

I see this all attributed to what even Psychology as well as Sociological professions have deemed, "The Immediacy Generation or Concept"...meaning, there's a growing trend of "wanting results now without having to put any exercise of the [brain/memory muscle] into a given task, THEN having the audacity to even *call it their own*, and it even extends to blatant disregard to ad nausea, in those using sampling without respect and plethora of people whom hear (Deadmous, as just one of many examples) a musician/DJ make certain sounds and *want to sound just like that* without ever the thought of establishing *their own sound*...evolution in the Human Race depends on innovation, not incessant emulation or worse, imitation!!

As I distinctly remembered in not so recent past, had suggested to OP to read an OUTSTANDING manual provided with our synths or available for download, Howard Scarr's "Virus Tutorial-(specific) Programming Analogue Synths". This is an invaluable resource. It's even *Virus Specific*...and considering Mr. Scarr's background, we are so very fortunate to have such a resource that at 129 pages, one could intensely study only *one page a day and make it 3x through that book*....I do and can say I am enlightened even further exercising my 'grey matter' each and every time.