View Single Post
Old 27.03.2012, 06:57 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by identificator View Post
I connect Virus C MIDI IN|OUT to E-Mu 1616 MIDI OUT|IN. Novation connects to PC via USB. And its works fine. I can record MIDI notes, automation, Virus can play MIDI notes from sequencer.
The connections seems to be fine

Quote:
How to insert FX on every 16 MIDI tracks at PreSonus? How to split it?
At E-Mu PatchMixDSP I create new strip - Input L1|R1 - to recieve audio signal from Virus. Then I insert at this channel strip SEND TO ASIO 7|8 (this ports used by Presonus). And at PreSonus in AudioSetup options I check two cells - DOCK 1L|1R. Now sequncer can recieve audio signal from Virus. But I can't create insert FX at Instrument channel. And the others MIDI channels play together to one Audio Channel IN 1 L|R created before...
With Virus C you have up to 3 pairs of stereo outputs. Therefore, you won't be able to simultaneously apply individual IFX to each of the 16 parts of the Virus. You can record up to 3 parts at once, redirecting each one to a different output and also creating 3 individual inputs on the EMU.

Quote:
And what I need do to sync my arpedgio? I create New Instrument at PreSonus: Recieve from - E-DSP MIDI 1, SendTo - E-DSP MIDI 1. Should I to check on options below (Send Midi Clock, Send MIDI Time Code, and 3-d option - I forget its name) ?
I think you should configure the Virus C to sync to external MIDI Clock and make sure Presonus runs the master clock.