View Single Post
Old 03.11.2010, 11:32 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
My wild predictions (which have never been right, I might add) given the pattern of recent years, I'm thinking it may possibly go two ways. Either:

1) All new Snow mk2 hardware (to bring it in line with a one DSP-chip TI|2), plus a TI|OS software update (as large as last years) to TI|OS v5 for all TI owners. TI|2 hardware continues as the flagship model, Snow mk1 is discontinued.

Or

2) All new TI|3 range, sporting a new extended OS (TI|OS v5) which is unable to fully run on TI|1 and TI|2 machines due to employing various new TI|3 hardware features. A final, minor update is added to TI|OS v4 for legacy TI|1 and TI|2 owners before TI|2 is discontinued. Snow mk1 continues (with TI|OS v4) as the "classic" Virus option.
Out of them 1) seems more likely, shame if they did as I just bought mine

I doubt they'd discontinue updates to the current TI2 range this early though, especially when whiteouts have just been sold it would be pretty gutting to have bought a brand new TI2 limited edition whiteout keyboard to end up being stuck on one update with it.

My predictions would be that they'll most probably want to push the power of the TI2 range a little so they'll still continue with updates, or maybe even release a firewire version of the TI2 (TI2-X?) same functionality just more virtual outs.