View Single Post
Old 19.12.2020, 03:27 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykick666 View Post
Do you know of some list with this information to cross out what the problem could be? This ti2 desktop is from 2009, could it be that the usb stuff in the hardware is outdated and needs to be changed in order to recieve and deliver information to my computer.. One thing i thought of was to open the usb cable and take away the cable in it that power stuff.. I was thinking, since the virus dont use power from the computer and only sends information that maybe like a power surge to the virus fucks it up? Maybe that is something.. i mean, 2009 USB was USB 1 i think, and the power that came through the cable was not the same that comes through now.. Am i completly on the wrong track here? Because ive set up the Virus in Ableton excaly following instructions and information from multipul sources..

Or maybe does it have something in the preferences-MIDI tab to do?
I'm not aware of a troubleshooting checklist for this or any other hardware synth. What I always do is start with the broadest categories before digging into specifics of a single category. Like my prior suggestion of trying MIDI cables and straight audio to the interface... if the issue does not still occur, only THEN you know to start looking toward USB. I wouldn't focus troubleshooting efforts around USB until I had first narrowed it down.