Thread: Pops and clicks
View Single Post
Old 29.01.2009, 05:32 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Add me to the "still getting this after several years list." Subjectively, it doesn't sound like something caused by "a total dsp work asked of the Virus vs. it's total dsp capacity issue" ... it seems more like certain configurations / modulation setups cause unexpectedly large spikes in the required calculations.

I did some tests, and was unable to reproduce the behavior with high polyphony loads of a simple 2 osc test voice. I'm guessing it is a DSP overrun, but not a simple "making it do too much" thing. The best analogy I can come up with is that it's like a really strong person that can carry twenty cinderblocks, but can only juggle three of them.

I get this sometimes from a single, but mostly it's multitibral that causes it. It's gotten worse with the new OS. I believe it also got worse with the first version of the last big update, but improved again with subsequent builds.

It would be nice to have system total dsp display someplace.

This all relates to using Virus Control / Logic 8, btw. From what I remember from the old email list, people using the analog outs don't have this problem.