View Single Post
Old 22.12.2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

So I had a little time this evening to check out the new OS due to the fact the world did not end I turned on the virus with the new OS installed & then I booted up Pro tools...no sound out of my DAW, WTF. After messing around for some time I went into my hardware set up & discovered that the virus had now taken over my main outputs for some unknown reason. So I switched them back to the ones I always use & rebooted my system. So now I use a blank session with only the TI on an instrument channel. I insert the plug in & now because it is a new OS it has to sync the synth which took 45 minutes...Already I have spent an hour & a half on this upgrade & I still have not heard a peep out of the synth!
I am usually optimistic when it comes to upgrades but access just seem to be going backwards. It is still as flaky as it ever was if not more so with the usual issues...bad sync, latency, crackles, pops etc... I'm going back to 4.3 which is far from perfect but at least usuable. What a let down after all this time.