View Single Post
Old 02.08.2017, 02:13 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Octatrack With Virus Ti Syncing Midi Channels

Hi all.
Just bought a virus to tie up with my Octatrack so would appreciate any help with my issue from people with the same set up. I am new to hardware midi.

Syncing was plug and play and setting up of the midi channels was pretty easy. So it was midi trk 1 to ch 1, 2 to ch 2 etc etc . Syncing just OT midi out to Virus in.

My issue is, the Virus's physical buttons and knobs is only playable for the OT's Midi Track 1. Meaning that I can only tweak parameters on the virus just for that channel. When I activate the OT's midi track 2, the virus' parameters and controls are still on track 1. I have tried different midi settings on the OT but to no avail. Tried both multi and seq mode on the virus. I am aware you can midi cc learn on the OT and you can control the virus from the OT itself as this video suggests :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwj4NYrz3AA

But I want to tweak the sounds from the virus too and also from the video, I need the above issue to be resolved so I can midi listen to the midi ccs from the virus outside of just track 1. I am sure it should be something easy but I can't get around it. Is there some settings I have missed on the virus and OT ? Do i need to midi out from the virus back into the OT too to receive changes ?

I have been fiddling for a few nights. Any help with fellow users will be greatly appreciated. Thank you !