View Single Post
Old 03.10.2013, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
Yeah, the 1000$ price range is very high, considering that a i7 PC costs less!
I have Ableton Push that is great, and 500$ are a better value, even if it's a little high priced.

I understand the uniqueness of these controllers, but without the computer they are unusable...
Push and Maschine are somewhat similar concepts! They can't live without a computer behind the scenes, but they feel like an instrument non the less, making use of the extensive software libraries from Ableton and Komplete respectively. These people are very closely related, they are friends, they've shared some projects and the other player that keeps getting mentioned here, Akai, is also on the friends list! Push has been developed with the help of the know how from Akai, whose recently placed some MPC stuff on the market that runs on software as well. With fast and cheap processors out there, doesn't make much sense to use DSP, let alone from the likes of Native Instruments whose focus has always been on the software side.

I think the level of integration with both Push and Maschine is spot on! When you're using software and it feels like you're just playing an instrument, something snaps and the process becomes more intuitive! thing they're up to something very cool if you ask me!